Thursday 5 January 2012

Well it has been some time since I last updated my blog.

Recently, I obtained a B&W photo of the old SM's residence that was built in 1880 and was probably demolished in the 1960s (unconfirmed) that existed on the corner of Bigge & Moore Streets in Liverpool. The site is now occupied by TAFE Offices.


I have spoken to a local identity who advised me that he had spoken to Stan Green, former SM of Liverpool,who lived in the house, in the 1940's when he was attending Liverpool Public School, located diagonally opposite to the house.

I do have a railway plan of the front window and the stair case but I am now trying to obtain another plan of the whole structure from State Records.

In addition, I am trying to obtain further photos or plans of the Down building. These have been sourced from various sources eg the Weston Langford collection and a book on the hitory of Liverpool by Carol Liston. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated, as I havent been able to obtain any plans to date.



No comments:

Post a Comment