Friday 20 January 2012

Time is slipping away. We are nearly towards the end of January already. All the best for Australia Day next week.

I have found some more pix of the Holsworthy line, in particular, details of the NSWRTM Tour on 16 April 1972 with 1919 and 3075T. This was the last steam train trip on the Branch. 3075T was too heavy for the Georges River Bridge and was detached at Liverpool.

In the meantime, I am still researching photographs of the Down Timber Building that existed on Platforms 2/3. I have spent time at the Liverpool Champion offices and next week, I will be visting the Fairfax Newspapers and the Mitchell Library. It was demolished in 1979/1980 for the station refurbishments, which entailed extending and modifying the Up Brick Building on Platform 1, concrete ramps for Platforms 1 and 2/3, and a new ticket office. Hopefully, I can find a photograph prior to demolition.










No comments:

Post a Comment