Wednesday 28 September 2016

Well it has been sometime but there has been movement in the camp, so to speak.

I have been able to secure an area at my farm to build a replica of Liverpool.

The total size will be 20m x 10 m.

My aim is to have all the points in Liverpool Yard inter-locked, for simplicity, with all signals connected to the frame, on one side of the layout, and then a staging yard and loco depot, on the other side, maybe a scaled down Enfield with one of the round-houses. The layout will be DCC only.

The next stage is to decide on how the layout will be built. Will I use L girder, a flat baseboard, or something else?

I am sure this weekend's model railway exhibition at Liverpool will give me inspiration.

After this weekend, I intend to commence the design phase and use SCARM to design the layout. I will be using Peco Code 75 track, except for one point in the yard, which was a unique 3 -way point. This will be hand-built. Using code 75 allows me for faster trackwork construction.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sean, about time you were here. I am away so will not see ya at Liverpool exhibition. Happy modelling mate :)

    ReplyDelete