Wednesday 14 May 2014

Well it has been over 12 months since I last posted and in that period of time I have continued my research into the station. I have measured the goods shed and am in the middle of preparing HO scale drawings so that I can prepare an article for AMRM and hopefully a model. I am also researching military movements along the Holsworthy/Moorebank Branch during the period I am modelling, 1948 to 1968. As you can imagine this is a slow process as it requires sifting through STN's at the State Records at Kingswood and each year is the equivalent of 4 phone books.

I have also been successful in gaining some photos of Liverpool from ebay. I hope you enjoy them.

The suburb of Ashcroft was named after EJ Ashcroft

An early photo of Scott Street

It looks like a carnival scene in the early 1900's
Georges River Bridge under flood and under normal conditions

This is my favourite as it shows Georges River Bridge prior to the construction of the Holsworthy Branch


Inside Collingwood Woollen Mills





No comments:

Post a Comment